“I have heard you. I knew nothing about what you have mentioned. I believe that it is true, and I feel that it is true. I was even ignorant of the fact that you had left my shop. Why did you not apply to me? But here; I will pay your debts, I will send for your child, or you shall go to her. You shall live here, in Paris, or where you please. I undertake the care of your child and yourself. You shall not work any longer if you do not like. I will give all the money you require. You shall be honest and happy once more. And listen! I declare to you that if all is as you say,—and I do not doubt it,—you have never ceased to be virtuous and holy in the sight of God. Oh! poor woman.”
“You have suffered much, poor mother. Oh! do not complain; you now have the dowry of the elect. It is thus that men are transformed into angels. It is not their fault they do not know how to go to work otherwise. You see this hell from which you have just emerged is the first form of heaven. It was necessary to begin there.”
Hugo, Victor. “Les Misérables.”
"I"는 장발장, "you"는 판틴...
Myriel 주교의 기적의 증거... 장발장이 그 기적을 퍼뜨리고 있다.
다양한 기적이 있겠지만 그 가운데 하나가 어떤 형태인지 비로소 마음에 와 닿는다.
No comments:
Post a Comment