5.22.2008

Camino Live: I´ve walked 250 kms so far...


I´m in an albergue where I can read Hangul but still can´t write. Any way my legs are doing better. It is wonderful experience walking and meeting people on the road as you want. Now where I am is a private albergue in Viloria de la Rioha. About 10 people are here so far. But all are German speaking... whether they are germans or not. It seems like I am in Germany.. But there´s a german girl who I got to know a few days ago. We took a walk around town and shared stories on the road which are very funny... :)

walking, eating, finding something to eat, washing things to be washed, making beds, sleeping, massaging feet and legs.... that´s what I do here..

today I left my jacket in a hotel (yesterday I gave myself a special treat :) ) and found that out after 40 minutes of walk. So I had to make about 4 kms of detour.. may be it´s a kind of punishment.. pilgrims are supposed to stay in albergues not in hotels...
but I have my defence... staying in albergue is not as bad as I thought it would be. but once in a while you need privacy.

I wish I could share things with you...

8 comments:

asterope said...

Nice to read your exciting experience...
Well, a few days ago, Miss Mijum Jo told me that most region in Spain is experiencing drought conditions so that the water is not enough to take a shower, wash clothes...
Are you OK?
I wish you will enjoy your trip, and be safe !

asterope said...

Well, 250 Km ?? You are so great !!
I wish you all the best ~
(By the way, Naver is useful to make sentence..^^ There are many example that I can take hint to write something)

sunny said...

I'm glad to see your information.
I thought you couldn't use computer and internet, etc. during your trip.
I'm worrying about your condition.
After reading your writing, I think you are good and enjoy your trip.
I envy you ^^ like gigalade.
I wish to do like you in my life.
Good luck to you !!!!

Caroline Yum said...

unni, wow... can't imagine ... don't know how you do it...

I hope the weather's nice at least so you can enjoy walking.

hope to see you when you get back with tons of stories...

미현 said...

스페인에서 걷는 여행이었던거야??
용기가 대단하다..말도 안통하는 나라에서 그래도 영어를 쓰는 나라들은 다닐만하지만 거긴 스페니쉬를..스페인어 뭐라고 하면 정말 뭔소린지도 모르겠구 답답하던데..
암튼 건강하게 잘 지내다 가길 바랄께...

sunny said...

지금 언니 상황에 꼭 맞는 글이 있어 올려봅니다.
한글을 쓰지는 못해도 읽을 수 는 있다고 하셨죠?
번역까지는 어려워서 ㅎㅎ

속도는 중요하지 않다


언덕길이다.
한 발짝 한 발짝,
숨결을 고르며 천천히 달린다.
한달음에 정상에 오르고자 하는 마음은 굴뚝같지만
다리의 근력이 허락하지 않는다. 하지만 조금씩 오를수록
의지는 강해진다. 어찌 되었든 언젠가는 꼭대기에
다다르게 마련이다. 그런 믿음이 있는 한
속도는 그리 중요하지 않다.

언니 잘하고 계시죠?
화이팅!!!

asterope said...

I miss your hot news on the way ...
no news for 2 weeks ...
Are you OK ?
I wish you be safe and happy !

sunny said...

So am I.
I'm looking forward to seeing your news soon.
I visit this blog daily.